Version - 2020-08-12 (effective date)
What is "personal information" and what personal information do we collect?
By “personal information,” we mean information that is reasonably identifiable to you or to a particular device.
Geolocation Information. When you download or use the Application, we may capture certain information automatically. This information may include location-based information, which we use to verify your location. If such location-based information is reasonably identifiable to you, it will be deemed personal information for purposes of this Privacy Statement. If such location-based information is not reasonability identifiable to you (such as aggregated anonymized location-based information), it will not be deemed personal information for purposes of this Privacy Statement. Accordingly, we reserve the right to sell this anonymized location-based information and other non-personalized information. However, if that other information renders such location-based information reasonably identifiable to you, then by definition it will become personal information and will not be sold. Location-based information that is deemed personal information under this paragraph will be treated as such pursuant to this Privacy Statement. Further, you may have the ability to disable your device’s GPS or other location-based information transmitter. If you chose to disable your device’s ability to transmit geolocation information, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Application’s offerings.
Other Information You Voluntarily Provide: You may choose to contact us and the information you disclose to us during this process may constitute personal information.
Children: Please note the Application are intended for general audiences over eighteen (18) years of age. For the avoidance of doubt, the Application are not directed to children younger than 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
How does In-telligent use the information it collects?
We generally use personal information collected on the Applications for the following purposes:
- to respond to inquiries from users;
- to provide information about the proper use or misuse of the Application;
- to process technical or administrative issues or to communicate regarding those issues; and
- to improve, expand, or otherwise adjust our services.
See also circumstances under which we may share or transfer personal information, discussed below.
Does In-telligent use personal information for advertising purposes?
In-telligent may use personal information, such as your device’s location, to provide you with information regarding In-telligent’s and/or third-party products and services. In-telligent will not share device geolocation specifics with third-party advertisers.
Under what circumstances does In-telligent disclose or transfer personal information to others?
There are circumstances where we will transfer and/or disclose your personal information to third parties. Those circumstances, subject to the limits of applicable law, are as follows:
- Parent, Subsidiaries and Affiliates: In-telligent may transfer personal information to its parent, subsidiaries and corporate affiliates for purposes related to its and their products and services as such offerings may change and develop over time.
- The Application’ Consultants and Service Providers: In-telligent transfers personal information to third-party service providers that may be hosting or housing data on behalf of In-telligent or otherwise acting on its behalf as a data center (such as providers of hosting, cloud, technology outsourcing and support services). Additionally, In-telligent may disclose personal information to the extent that our service providers require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to service In-telligent and the Application.
- Legal Compulsion and In-telligent’s Protection: In-telligent reserves the right to release personal information in accordance with applicable law in response to a subpoena or otherwise when we believe that the law requires us to do so, or when we reasonably believe it is necessary to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests, or safety of In-telligent, our users or others.
- Reorganization or Sale of In-telligent: In the event that In-telligent is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that In-telligent is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets, or a brand or line of its business, the information you provide may be one of the transferred assets for use by the acquiring entity.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law: We may transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
How do you keep my personal information secure?
Although we cannot guarantee that our or our vendors’ servers are impenetrable, we have attempted to establish and implement reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online in accordance with generally accepted best practices. Where we use outside vendors to collect, store, or process data, we attempt to use vendors who likewise also establish and implement reasonable procedures.
Do the Applications link to third party sites?
The Application does not in and of itself link to third-party sites. Messages distributed by the Government may, however, link to third-party sites including social media websites. When using third-party sites you should review the privacy policies of such parties’ sites to understand how they collect and use personal information.
How long do you keep my information?
Our Company will keep your personal information for ten (10) years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by removing your personal information from our databases. We may remove personally identifying information and/or aggregate the data with other users in a manner that removes all personal identifiability from the data for the purposes of tracking usage of the Application and improving the functionality of the Application.
How can I access and make changes to my personal information?
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that We correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that We erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that We restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that We transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third-parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to the contact address below.
How will I be notified of changes and updates to the Privacy Statement?
Changes and updates to this Privacy Statement will be posted on the Application. Updated Privacy Statements are effective upon posting to the Application.
Who do I contact about my rights under this Privacy Statement?
If you have any comments, questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement or In-telligent’s privacy practices at the Application, please contact us at In-telligent Properties LLC, Attn.: Privacy Officer, 1 N Wacker Drive, Suite 3900, Chicago, Illinois 60606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.