Version – 2015-04-09 (effective date)
Scroll down for full Statement. Immediately below is a Summary of the information we collect and the ways in which we use and/or disclose it. PLEASE READ OUR FULL POLICY BELOW THE SUMMARY.
Summary of Privacy Statement
- Our application is directed to general audiences over 18 years of age and who are capable of entering into binding obligations.
- We collect personal information you provide to us. By personal information we mean information that is identifiable to you or to a particular device, such as your email address, social media account name, age, and personal interests, or that is accessible to us because you have elected to incorporate In-telligent into your social media account.
- We may also collect geolocation information that you choose to share with us. Such information is “personal information” if identifiable to you or a particular device.
- We generally use your personal information to notify you of relevant alerts and special offers, to provide information to you, and to improve our services.
- We may allow advertising, and we may share some of your personal information with third party advertisers to ensure that users receive relevant advertising.
- We may disclose information to third parties, such as our subsidiaries and affiliates, service providers, social media accounts, when under legal compulsion, if In-telligent undergoes a reorganization or sale, or as otherwise allowed by law.
- We attempt to implement reasonable security procedures to protect your information, and we try to contract with vendors who do the same.
- We link to third party sites.
- We keep your personal information for as long as we believe we need it, and for as long as the law allows us to keep it.
- You can access and make changes to your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Certain rights specifically applicable to California residents.
- How we notify you of changes to the Privacy Statement.
- You may contact us at [email protected]
this Privacy Statement does not apply to In-telligent’s practices for collecting and using personal information offline or from sites or apps other than the Site (even if that information is identical to the information gathered on the Site).
What is “personal information” and what personal information do we collect?
By “personal information,” we mean information that is reasonably identifiable to you or to a particular device.
Personal Information We May Collect. Personal information that we collect includes information that you provide voluntarily. Personal information requested might include, for example, your name, e-mail address, age, social media account name, and personal interests. Additionally, you may have the option of connecting your In-telligent account to social media sites such as Twitter. Please note that if you make such an election, we may be entitled to collect information from the connected social networking website, even if you elect not to provide information to In-telligent yourself, and In-telligent will have access to the social media site information that is connected through such permission. That connected information, to the extent we collect it, will constitute personal information to the extent identifiable to you (alone or in combination with other information). NOTE: The Site provides alerts and special offers which may contain links to third-party sites. If you elect to make a purchase of a product or service featured on the Site, the Site will link you directly to the third-party website to complete the purchase transaction. No purchases are made on the Site, and the Site does not collect your payment or billing information. This Privacy Statement does not govern the collection, storage, or use of your information by any third-party websites to which the Site links. Please review the privacy policies of each website to understand how they treat your information. For the avoidance of doubt, if an option to access the Site
Geolocation Information. When you visit the Site, we may capture certain information automatically (even if you do not voluntarily provide us with personal information, or in addition to personal information that you do provide). This information may include location-based information, which we use to verify your location. If such navigational information is reasonably identifiable to you or is reasonably identifiable to a particular device, it will be deemed personal information for purposes of this Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to match non-personal navigational information with other information that we have collected from you. If that other information renders such navigational
information reasonably identifiable to you or a particular device, then by definition it will become personal information. Navigational information that is deemed personal information under this paragraph will be treated as such pursuant to this Privacy Statement. You may have the ability to disable your device’s GPS or other location-based information transmitter. If you chose to disable your device’s ability to transmit geolocation information, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Site’s offerings.
Other Information You Voluntarily Provide: You may choose to contact us and the information you disclose may constitute personal information.
Suggestions and Ideas. Any suggestions or similar communications relating to In-telligent’s business or the Site how they might be changed, enhanced or improved are not treated as private or confidential under this Privacy Statement. We will, however, at all times use reasonable efforts to de-identify you personally with the suggestion.
How does In-telligent use the information it collects?
We generally use personal information collected on the Site for the following purposes:
- to respond to inquiries from users
- to advise you of opportunities and promotions available on our Site or elsewhere, including product-specific changes and updates
- to distribute e-newsletters and other informational and/or promotional materials
- to provide information about the proper use or misuse of the Site
- to process technical or administrative issues or to communicate regarding those issues
- to improve, expand, or otherwise adjust our services. See also circumstances under which we may share or transfer personal information, discussed
A cookie is a small text file that a website places on your computer’s hard drive that allows the website’s server to keep track of and facilitate certain activities on the site. The Site does not use “cookies.”
How does In-telligent treat “Do Not Track” requests from a user?
Users may have the option of enabling “Do Not Track” in their mobile device.. In-telligent does not track users across multiple websites, regardless of whether users have enabled “Do Not Track.” Please note that we will serve up advertisements and merchant offerings based on your preferences as expressed in materials you have completed in connection with registering, or maintaining your registration, for our services. Please also note that the technology used to provide these advertisements may allow third parties to access information from cookies already stored on your device. Please consult your device’s user manual for information about cookies and options you may have to delete cookies or restrict their use on your device.
Does In-telligent use personal information for advertising purposes?
In-telligent may use personal information, such as your email address, to provide you with information regarding In-telligent and/or third-party products and services if you have opted to receive newsletters or other communications from In-telligent. In-telligent shares geolocation and some aggregated personal information with third-party advertisers to ensure that the advertising that is provided to the user via the Site is the most relevant to the user.
Under what circumstances does In-telligent disclose or transfer personal information to others?
There are circumstances where we will transfer and/or disclose your personal information to third parties. Those circumstances, subject to the limits of applicable law, are as follows:
- Parent, Subsidiaries and Affiliates: In-telligent may transfer personal information to its parent, subsidiaries and corporate affiliates for purposes related to its and their products and services as such offerings may change and develop over time.
- The Site Consultants and Service Providers: In-telligent transfers personal information to third-party service providers that may be hosting or housing data on behalf of In-telligent or otherwise acting on its behalf as a data center (such as providers of hosting, cloud, technology outsourcing and support services). Additionally, In-telligent may disclose personal information to the extent that our service providers require access to our databases, or the information
contained in our databases, to service In-telligent and the Site.
- Legal Compulsion and In-telligent’s Protection: In-telligent reserves the right to release personal information in accordance with applicable law in response to a subpoena or otherwise when we believe that the law requires us to do so, or when we reasonably believe it is necessary to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests, or safety of In-telligent, our users or others.
- Reorganization or Sale of In-telligent: In the event that In-telligent is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that In-telligent is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets, or a brand or line of its business, the information you provide may be one of the transferred assets for use by the acquiring entity.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law: We may transfer personal information to third parties where weare expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
How do you keep my personal information secure?
Although we cannot guarantee that our or our vendors’ servers are impenetrable, we have attempted to establish and implement reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Where we use outside vendors to collect, store, or process data, we attempt to use vendors who likewise also establish and implement reasonable procedures.
Does the Site link to third party sites?
The Site may link to third-party sites including social media websites. When using third-party sites you should review the privacy policies of such parties’ sites to understand how they collect and use personal information. Please note that third party advertisements and merchant offerings and certain functionality available on the Site, such as mapping, traffic and local news are provided by third parties and served from third party servers. You should review the policies by the applicable third party providers.
How long do you keep my information?
In-telligent keeps your personal information for as long as we deem it useful to use and for as long as applicable law allows us to maintain it.
How can I access and make changes to my personal information?
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third-parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like
to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to the contact address below.
How will I be notified of changes and updates to the Privacy Statement?
Changes and updates to this Privacy Statement will be posted on the Site. Updated Privacy Statements are effective upon posting to the Site.
Who do I contact about my rights under this Privacy Statement?
If you have any comments, questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement or In-telligent’s privacy practices at the Site, please contact us at In-telligent Properties LLC, Attn.: Customer Service, 15255 S. 94th Avenue, Suite 544, Orland Park, Illinois 60462 or [email protected]